Sunday, October 25, 2015

Most Creative Spring Nail Art and Designs

Spring has sprung and I sure have a spring in my step! Too much? Ok, well clearly I’m excited. To me, spring is the time to get girly in all aspects of fashion… and I love it! In winter I’m too wrapped up and layered up to actually get to showcase my personal style, so when spring finally comes around, I know I get two fantastic seasons  to play around and have fun with my clothing and my nails.

And remember, you don’t have to go out and buy hundreds of colors and shades just so that you can art-ify your nails; you can use acrylic paint on top of a base coat, and if you don’t have the right color, mix and blend until you get what you want. Only buy the colors that you know you’ll use a lot, otherwise they’ll just become thick gloopy messes if you leave them to collect dust.

Marble Rainbow Drops

By now you should be comfortable with the marbling technique, but for this more understated version, you won’t need any cups of water.

Cupcakes

Trying to keep in shape for spring and the upcoming summer may mean no more cupcake munching, so keep a reminder on your nails instead.

Sideways Ruffian

I really like the ruffian trend, so of course, I love the new and improved sideways version. The glitter polish gives it that nice little something extra for the springtime.

Dotted Ombre

Instead of using the clever sponge trick to create ombre nails, use a dotting tool (or toothpick) to give you the ombre effect but in a fresh new way.

Strawberries

What I really like about this strawberry tutorial is that it uses pink polish instead of red, giving it a more childlike candy look. Too cute!

Simple Floral Accent

What I like about this floral tutorial is that it isn’t like the traditional floral patterns I’ve featured; it’s a lot less complicated. Instead of the very intricate, colorful flowers on each nail, this one just gives you a little hint.

Poppies

I love this poppy design because it’s a nice break from all the daisies and roses (not that I don’t love those, too!). And it’s actually not quite a difficult as it looks.

Geometric Tips

French tips are so last season; well, traditional French tips, that is. Stick with the geometric trend this spring to modernize an old classic.

Daisies

Daisies generally come into season in late spring, so get yourself a head start this year by showing yours off on your nails.

Blue Roses

Instead of the more common floral nail art that shows off a few small flowers on each nail, try this larger design of a zoomed-in shot of a rose.

Faded Floral

You can bet that you’ll be seeing a lot of floral nail art for spring, but this one is a little different; the watercolor effect looks like it’s something out of the ‘60s. Love it!

Mix ‘n Match

Who says that your nails have to be uniform? Personally, I love the variety of combinations of ombre, flowers and polka dots.